PLEASE!? Treat someone special with these super easy-to-make banana and protein pancakes, for which I am going to share a recipe here.
My dear friend A and I had these for breakfast the other day, and oh-my these were delicious! And to be honest, these are not even that bad for you…right?
Ingredients (makes about 5 medium-sized pancakes):
- 1/2 cup (3.5dl) almond milk
- 1 scoop whey protein powder (we used banana flavoured)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp flax seeds
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- coconut oil (for frying)
- 1/2 tsp of bi-carbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Mix all ingredients together in a blender in order to create the pancake mix.
- Preheat a non-stick pan and allow one teaspoon of coconut oil to heat on the pan.
- Pour the batter onto the pan and allow it to cook on medium heat for at least 2/3 minutes on each side.
- Garnish with whatever you want! We used Meridian’s Coconut & Almond Butter and Nutella, alternating between each layer on our stack of pancakes. We also topped our pancakes with different berries, flaked almonds and honey.
- ENJOY! These will definitely fill you for hours and tackle your sweet tooth.
Have a lovely Bank Holiday! S x